Wednesday 29 February 2012

11 Random Things

Sarah over at Sarahndipities wrote a blog featuring eleven random facts about herself and after reading it, I think we were separated at birth or something like that.  I'm amazed at how similar our tastes are in TV men, reading, and food.  She invited her readers to respond to questions as well, so here's my stab at it:

1.  What is the scariest thing you've ever done?
     I think the scariest thing I've ever done was move from my comfortable, familiar life in Denver, with my not-quite-one-year-old daughter to Tucson, AZ, all on our own.  It worked out quite well, but still...at the time, it was down-right frightening.

2.  If you could be a character on a TV show, which show would you be on?
     I think I'd like to be on Glee, or maybe Supernatural.  Though, if I were on the latter, I'd be tempted to punch Dean and Sam in the face on occasion.  They can be terrifyingly dense at times!

3.  What are your three favorite colors of fingernail polish?
     Shell pink, sort of an aqua-turquoise, and amethyst purple.

4.  Who are your celebrity crushes?
     I have, for a very long time, had quite a thing for Sting. I also find Neil Peart, the drummer for Rush, rather crush-worthy, but I think that's less for his looks (though he is attractive) and more for his brain.

5.  What are you really, really good at?
     I believe I am really, really good at writing.  Fortunately, it's also something I love to do, so the future career plan of being a journalist is something I think I can live with.

6.  A place you'd like to live?
     I'd love to move back to Denver, or to Portland, Oregon.  I like Tucson, it's been a great place to live, but the heat, the complete lack of snow and proper trees and seasons and GRASS LAWNS is rather depressing.  I think I'm one of those sorts of people who must be surrounded by green at all times, or else I sink into a blue funk.

7.  What do you really wish your name was?
      I think I'd like to be a one-name sort of person, like Madonna or Cher or Sting.  That would certainly make signing for things easy, wouldn't it?

8.  The silliest mistake you've ever made?
     Once, in art class, I mistook a tube of super-glue for a tube of watercolours.  Such an awful mess ensued.

9.  If you could be any type of (real or imagined) animal, what would you be, and why?
     I think I'd like to be a pampered house cat, or perhaps a well-loved family dog; the reasons for this choice should be rather obvious.  Barring that, a sea otter, because they always look like they're playing and having a good time.  Plus, they're so cute!

10.  What part of yourself do you like the most?
     I'm rather fond of my sense of compassion.  Although it's very hard sometimes, I do try not to judge people until I look at the world from their point of view.  Ian MacLaren, a noted Scottish author and theologian, once said during a Christmas Eve service, "Be kind, for every man is fighting a hard battle."  I try to think of that every time I encounter someone who upsets me in some way.

11.  What is your most absolutely favorite thing to eat?
     Oh, this is by far the easiest question so far!  My Number One, All Time Fave is cheese and onion enchiladas!  They are so very, very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment