Thursday 2 February 2012

Tucson Sunrise

I was abruptly awoken this morning at 4:30 by a certain cat who shall not be named (Fat Cat), who decided that it would be a lovely idea to play with a pipe cleaner on my bed.  He tossed it up in the air and then pounced on it with all four feet, and unfortunately for me, the pipe cleaner more often than not landed on my legs or my feet, and in one unfortunate moment that ended in me cursing at him and tossing him off the bed, my stomach.  The Cat Who Shall Not Be Named (Fat Cat) is not a lightweight, either.  He's a big, fluffy fattie who must weigh at least 15 pounds.  It's a good thing he's so remarkably beautiful; he mightn't have had breakfast this morning otherwise!

So, since I was awake and not likely to fall asleep again any time soon, I dragged my weary bones from bed and decided to photograph the sunrise this morning.  The colours were amazing, the air was still and crisp, and the world around me was hushed.  It was a beautiful time to be awake and alone with the mountains and the cactus and the morning star.





No comments:

Post a Comment