Wednesday 21 March 2012

WIP Wednesday

Nothing too exciting going on here in the Land of Perpetual Sunshine...except for the fact that it kinda-sorta-but not really-almost snowed here on Sunday morning!  (I guess the perpetual sunshine thing's a misnomer, huh?)  It was raining and every once in a while, there were these fat globs of almost-snow that splattered against the windscreen of our car.  I was excited for half a moment, until The Man said, "You know there will be no accumulation, right?"  Then all of my snow hopes and dreams were dashed and I pouted.

You'd think with all the ugly, cold, wet weather we had here this week-end, I would have gotten a lot of crocheting done, right?  Well, no.  I watched far too much TV (Doctor Who, Buffy, and Angel), ate far too much good food (pumpernickle bagels, turkey sandwiches on Jewish rye bread, and won ton soup), and spent far too much time with my kids.  I did, however, receive a commission to make this for a friend in Texas and started work on an afghan for the last of the babies on my Baby Gift To-Do list.  Her name is Lydia and she is almost eight months old.  She's also painfully cute and wears a lot of pink...I mean A LOT of pink.  So I dug through my stash and came up with this incredibly soft, shimmery hot pink yarn (I think it might be Red Heart's 'Shimmer', but the label's gone) and decided that a very girlie-girl needs more flowers in her life.  The pattern is here, in case you're curious.










Send Hannah to OM World Finals!

6 comments:

  1. Those are so pretty! I love the texture of the petals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be a very girly-girl pretty blanket. I think she'll enjoy grasping at the three dimensionality of the flower petals. Thanks for the link to the dreadlocks tam - someone asked me about that a few months ago but I couldn't find a pattern nearly as nice as that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never thought about the dimensionality before, but I think you're totally right. Babies do enjoy exploring all of their senses, don't they? :D

      Delete
  3. loverly! thanks for sharing the pattern.

    (wonderful choice of TV too!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I think the red and yellow are a perfect match together. Thanks for sharing on my WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flowers, very girlie indeed. I've always loved red and yellow together. In fact, back in the dark ages when my DD was an infant, she had a red and yellow nursery. People thought I was horrible for not having pastels...I've never liked pastels...I like color. Later, I read red and yellow are the first colors babies see, and that they're happy colors. She was a very happy baby.......maybe it helped? Who knows.

    ReplyDelete