Wednesday 14 March 2012

W.I.P Wednesday

Woo! I'm finally more comfortable with knitting that I'm beginning a big project. Hey, this is really big news!  The Man loves--and I mean LOVES--Doctor Who.  In fact, he is 100% responsible for my own Who addiction.  So, to thank him for introducing me to the wonderfulness that is this show, I'm making him a T.A.R.D.I.S Kindle cover.  And with the help of my SIL, I've adapted the pattern from knitting on circular needles to knitting on straight needles, because I cannot get the hang of circular needles.  I know some people say that they're much easier than straight needles, but I simply don't find that to be the case for me.  Anyway, here's a little preview of the first 16 rows of the Kindle cover:

I'm really kind of proud of this!

And in crocheting news, remember those granny squares I made to use up scraps a while back?  Thanks to Pinterest, I finally found a use for them.  A Granny Bag!  My daughter requested a bag a while back and I finally found a cute way to not only fulfill her request but do something with these squares.  Now all I have to do is suss out how, exactly, to attach the straps.

Granny bag open; there will be a button to secure the top flap closed

Granny bag closed.  Use your imagination and picture
a button in the middle and a strap at the top.
Work continues on my Klimt socks but no new photographs of them yet...mostly because the difference between the last time I took photos and now is insignificant.










Send Hannah to OM World Finals!

4 comments:

  1. OMG I am a BIG Doctor Who fan! I need to make a TARDIS cover for my Nook! Keep updating on how it goes --I just followed you, so I can keep track!

    The granny purse is very cute too-Normally, I'm not a big fan of yellow, but it looks really pretty with the other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the knitting! I have yet to give it a try. And I LOVE the colors you chose for your granny square. They look amazing together. Thanks for sharing on my WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have another friend who's made lots of Doctor Who stuff too....good luck with your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the knitting, I can understand that you are proud of it!!!
    Thank you for your nice compliment on my blog, it is far too much credit:)
    Have a lovely weekend!
    http://elisabethandree.posterous.com

    ReplyDelete