Friday 16 March 2012

The Great Reveal!

I finished and photographed my latest Nerd Wars challenge project last night.  This one was tough, both because the challenge itself was difficult and because the execution of the piece had me flummoxed for a while.  But I persevered and am quite chuffed with the finished work.

The challenge was States of Matter.  You know, solid, liquid, gas, plasma?  Only the matter that inspired my work couldn't be organic...and I had to find inspiration from one of the other teams.  I wanted to do an amigurumi Adipose Fat Baby from Doctor Who, 'cos really?  Those little buggers are so painfully cute!  But of course fat is organic so that idea was right out.  Then the leader of our team decided to make a Hat Full Of Sky from the Terry Pratchett Disc World series so that got me thinking about things from that series and I landed upon ice roses from the Tiffany Aching books.  And voila--Tiffany Aching's Ice Rose Wreath was born.


Two of the roses are from this pattern from Lily Sugar'n Cream yarn.  Some of the roses are from this pattern and this pattern I found on Pinterest, and the rest were plucked from the ether and born as they were being made.  The leaves, which were really easy and quite fun to work up, came from here.  So, there it is.  Tiffany Aching's Ice Roses Wreath.  I think this particular one will soon be up for sale in the Hook and Yarn Creations shop, but I think I'll make another in pretty spring-time colours to keep for myself!







Send Hannah to OM World Finals!

4 comments: