Thursday 26 January 2012

Valentine's Day

I blame Pinterest for the renewal of my obsession with crochet.  There's so many pins with gorgeous, colourful pieces on that site and I've bookmarked at least half a dozen different crochet blogs as a result.  One of my favourite is Attic 24.  The colours on that site are so bright and cheerful and Lucy's instructions and patterns are easy to follow and really, really cute.

Recently, she published a simple, but so clever idea--tuna tin covers.  You can use them to hold loose change, paper clips, barrettes, jewelery, or like she does, to set flower pots in.  Since Valentine's Day is coming up soon, I decided to make two of these covers for Girl Child and my eldest niece, Wally.  After seeing how darling they are, I think I'm going to be making some in different sizes for myself.  I foresee a lot of canned food in my family's future!

Here's the pattern for the covers.  I used Red Heart Super Saver in white, frosty green, pale yellow, and country blue, plus some more of Vanna's Choice in Rose Mist, plus a maroony-bricky red that was hanging out in the bottom of the yarn basket.  The little flowers and leaves are also from Lucy's blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment