Tuesday 24 January 2012

Mel's Girlie Pink Bag of Holding

I'm a nerd.  I'll willingly admit it to anyone who cares to ask.  I enjoy science fiction and fantasy--both in novels, tv shows, and films.  My favourite thing to do on the weekend is to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Doctor Who, or Firefly with my love, while curled up on the couch with two out of four cats sitting on us.  I have a paid subscription to the Smithsonian magazine.  I read Kathy Reichs and Patricia Cornwell.  I listen to Rush and Queensryche, both very cerebral, very nerdly bands.  And I role play, both table top and free form, text based.

Two years ago, I discovered the Red Dragon Inn, which is a free-form, text-based forum for role players.  I've met some pretty awesome people through this website, including my friend Mel.  Like me, she's a nerd, although her nerd score ranks much higher than mine, I think.  She's a Star Wars freak, plays WoW and SWtOR, and has an unhealthy addiction to Alisdair from Dragon Age.  She also loves pink and My Little Ponies.  In spite of this, I adore her.  She's funny and generous and sweet.

Her mum died just recently and after losing my father a few years back, I know how awful she must feel, how sad and lonely.  I did.  I still do a little.  I wanted to do something special for Mel, since she lives in Florida and virtual hugs just don't quite do what's needed.  So, I looked through my yarn stash and found the perfect colour for Mel, aka Pretty Pink Princess Sparkle, and whipped up a Girlie Pink Bag of Holding.  She can use it to store all kinds of things in--makeup, hair stuff, nail polish, whatever.  Plus, you know...it's pink.
Here's the pattern for the bag.  I used Vanna's Choice yarn once more, this time in Rose Mist.



No comments:

Post a Comment