Friday 27 January 2012

One Skein Crochet

My sister-in-law, A, who is responsible for my crocheting addiction, is having her second baby in August.  Since I'm obsessing over crocheting right now, and since I took such a long break from it the first time I started up, I thought I'd better get her shower gift out of the way now.

I think I've mentioned before that I have a bunch of mouths to feed, so I have to find cheap ways of indulging in my addiction.  After searching through Ravelry's extensive pattern data base, I found a cute hat and blanket that is made from one skein of yarn.  YAY!  Cheap and cute--my watch words!

This is a work in progress.  I've finished the hat and am half way through the blanket.  It's a neat pattern, pretty simple and easy--which is important to me, since I sometimes have a hard time following written patterns.  And since I love the colour combination, I'm using Red Heart's Super Saver yarn in Watercolour again. 
This is supposed to fit a 3 month old.  Hmmm...

Detail of blanket pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment