Wednesday 18 April 2012

W.I.P Wednesday

YAY!  I've been visited by the Yarn Faerie twice more in the past few days and he's brought me lots and lots of wonderful yarn to make lots and lots of wonderful things for the people I love.  I have so many projects on the hooks (and just finished) that I figured I should probably only pick one for this installment of W.I.P Wednesday, and then feature the rest of them for F.O. Friday and maybe Monday Morning Mish-Mash or another W.I.P Wednesday.  Don't worry; I'm definitely going to be sharing everything I've made with the Yarn Faerie's leavings.  I promise!

Do you ever make something and then have a really hard time parting with it?  Maybe because the yarn is so awesome to work with, or you're just in love with the pattern or the colours?  I've run up against this feeling once or twice since I've been crocheting, but never so hard as I have it for this blanket.


The colours aren't something I ever thought would look good together.  Yellow and turquoise, okay.  Throw in pea green and I thought, "Ew!"  But really, they go together quite well.  This is a crib blanket for my newest nephew, who will be born in August.  The pattern is the Wavy Blanky and I'm using Loops & Thread Impeccable.


Here's a close-up of the nifty pattern.  It's 2 sc, 2 hdc, 2 dc, and 2 trc--so, so simple, yet so, so neat looking, don't you think?  When this one's all done, I think I'll be making a slightly larger version for myself.  Maybe I'll even use the same colours.

Don't forget about my Free Yarn Giveaway!  Be sure to enter to win three skeins of cuddly-soft, creamy white yarn from Loops & Threads!







Button

2 comments: