Wednesday 11 April 2012

W.I.P Wednesday

THE YARN FAERIE CAME TO VISIT LAST NIGHT!

I'm so excited!  He arrived, driving his large brown delivery wagon, just as we were finishing dinner and he dropped off a box filled with beautiful colours and softness and a vaguely chemically smell that sort of worries me.  But never mind the smell. LOOK WHAT HE BROUGHT!  Getting boxes of yarn is almost like getting boxes for Christmas and my birthday.  IT'S SO EXCITING!

To make this for my friend J's baby.

To make this for my eldest niece, Wally.



I'm anticipating more visits from the Yarn Faerie over the next week or so; I'll be making a purse from my friend D in New York and a slouchy hat for my friend L in Texas.  They both asked if they could pay me to make them something and I said just buy the yarn and we're golden.  It's a nice compromise, don't you think?

On a related note, what do you all think of using personalised labels in the things you make?  Something that says "Made with love by {insert name here}" or something to that effect.  Would you do it?  Do you do it? Let me know what you think of the idea in the comments. I'd surely appreciate it!




4 comments:

  1. Love the colors on your blanket. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colours you've chosen for the quilt! So pretty!

    I quite like the idea of little tags on home made gifts, depending what you stick them on. Probably bags are ok, but I would steer clear of putting them on anything where you'd be able to see the label on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy times - new yarn is always exciting to look at, touch and drool over, right|?
    The blanket squares look yummy

    ReplyDelete