Monday 9 April 2012

Monday Morning Mish-Mash

(Okay, so it's more like Monday Night Mish-Mash.)

I had a very lovely holiday weekend.  The kids were home with me from Thursday on, and they'll go back to school tomorrow.  While I love spending time with them, I have to say that I'm rather glad they're going to be gone again.  Does that make me a horrible mother?

Anyway, I didn't really get a lot of crocheting done this weekend.  I was too busy playing with the kids and cooking for the Passover seder we had Saturday night at my MIL's house.  The Bunny Army from the last post was passed out to all the kids there that night and were a big hit.  I ended up keeping the little brown bunny for myself because he was just too cute to part with.  He's hanging out on my computer desk now with the hookapotamus.

I did finish one project, one I made just for myself and just for fun.  If you've read my 'About Me' page, you no doubt discovered that I number turtles amongst my favourite animals and I found the cutest pattern for a turtle softie on Ravelry.  So I made her.  And I love her.  :D

Meet Amaryllis.





This week, I'm anticipating some lovely visits from the UPS man, who should be bringing me yarn from Herrschner's.  Two of my friends asked me to make them some things, so in exchange for buying the yarn for me, I promised them pretties.  It's a pretty good deal, I think.  I'm also starting on a baby afghan for another friend, and a sleeveless hoodie for my niece.  Phew!  I can't wait!





1 comment:

  1. You do sound like you've been busy!

    Congrats on your new friend Amarylis, he and 'hooky' should be very happy together.

    Don't you just love the expectation of a delivery coming? And ripping open packages?

    Have fun with your new yarn.

    cheers
    Fi

    ReplyDelete